Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apples, Apples, Apples

I have three apple trees...
1. Red Delicious
2. Yellow Delicious
3. Granny Smith

My first husbands family were from Yakima WA
(it was the apple growing capital of the nation at the time)
my father-in-law would tell me that apple farmers would
never eat the skins on an apple.
You should always peel it off.

I have gathered MANY recipes for use of apples.

Here is one that the family really loves.
It is versatile and can be used as a basic in many recipes.

Apple Sauce


Here are the simple ingredients:
Sugar-Apples-Lemon juice-Cinnamon-Butter


Grate apples and add all the above ingredients
add sugar & cinnamon to taste.
Cook over a low heat covered (about 20-30 mins)
add a pad of butter when cooking is done.


Here is the cooked apple sauce, it's tart yet sweet.
I use this with:

1. Cooked oatmeal
2. apple cake filling
3. heat and serve with vanilla ice cream


Be Green and
compost your peels and lemon rind.

1 comment:

Katlin Allen said...

I don't really like apples, but I do love your applesauce, it's so good!

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive