Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Respite

Sometimes one needs to remove themselves from isolation.

Margie flew to Utah with the swede and spent 10 days 
1. eating three meals a day(plus a lot of snacking)
2. sewing a velvet skirt for a great granddaughter
3. shopping
4. exercising
5. visiting grandchildren and family
6. dinner engagements with 
stimulating conversation
7. reading "the Ultimate Gift" 
by Jim Stovall
(I highly recommend reading this book)

Margie had this idea(she called it a dream) that she 
should buy herself and her
  daughters and daughters-in-law a leather coat..
so off we went to Burlington coat
 factory where we were told had the
 best selection of leather 
and suede coats. 
here she is, in her new luxurious black leather.
she was like a kid for days, wearing this coat night and day 
and taking it off only at bedtime.

...we had a nice visit and I know Margie did too!

1 comment:

BirdieMann said...

I'm so jealous of everyone who got to spend so much time with her!

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive