Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer plants part 2



When I moved into this home on the hill, I noticed
that no one had sunflowers growing.
I love this wild flower.
I did see wild ones growing on
vacant lots.
I have this large planting area in front of my home
and decided to take some of those wild plants
and transplant them into my garden.

At first I heard the neighbors rumbling
about the "weeds" I had growing in my front yard,
I insisted that they would be a beautiful thing and ignored the gossip.

Now after 3 years of enjoying the summer sunflowers, my
neighbors comment how great they
look, and I have two or three college students
ask if they can photograph them.

In honor of the sunflower
here ia a special dessert you might like to make..

~voila~
Sunflower Cake

Picture compliments of the book:
"Happy Birthday" by Anna von Marburg

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive