Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Egg Money Quilt

Whew...
after three years, I finished my first "quilt of the month" quilt.

I took this 8 month class down at the local Cotton Shop
here in Provo, Ut.

I had only made a Christmas wall sized
quilt before taking on this project.
(this was before I started working full time)


Quilting is not for the impatient person.
Quite frankly, I never thought I would have
patience to do this art form.

First, you have to love fabric
Second, you have to love sewing
Third, you have to be a good mathematician
Fourth, you have to have good design
~
I have learned and matured into all four.
~

Below is an "EGG MONEY" Quilt-
A 1930's Vintage Sampler

If you want the pattern and the
origin of egg money quilts click here.
Here are a few of my favorite blocks.




The quilting was done on a machine by my cousin
Joanna, she quilts for a living.
Here is her blog.

I was very interested in quilting in my twenties but,
I had to wait until my daughters were
raised before I could start this hobby.

On to the next one and the next one...



1 comment:

joelswenson said...

NICE WORK. EMPHASIS... nice. The quilt looks sweet on our bed. Too bad the cat will think it's his very own domain. And he matches the quilt.

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive