Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pre Christmas Thoughts

This season of the reflection of the Christ Child brings 
so many feelings and thoughts of how I have lived my life.
(not to worry, I am not going to get too deep in thought here.)

Family and friends are such a big part of who I am, I used to think that 
my religion was too, but in recent years, I have come to a conclusion 
that I am influenced by so many good 
people (outside of my religious roots) that 
 really want to make the world a safe, happy and 
productive place for humankind to experience 
the goodness that exists in our world (universe).

As a person that was really living in a small isolated sphere, I was left out
 of what the rest of humanity was doing to exists on a daily basis.

I forced myself to read, act, and think differently.

I have been to places that others might consider dangerous or unsafe.

I have read of others' tragedies and challenges to even survive a day.
I have seen poverty and injustices that I have never experienced myself.

I do believe that God and Christ will heal all 
wounds and will make up the difference.
I will be more kind, loving and thoughtful in my actions.
I will be more tolerant, and see "both sides."
I will be an activist for equal rights for all.

I am amazed by the good that 
my world family does for one another.

Happy to be a part of it.

This is a wonderful life.

-Melanie 




No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive