Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Friday, May 24, 2013

55-fifty-five

I am
55
years old

Can you image what it is like to be..that old?

Here is what I do to age gracefully:

1. I wear makeup every day: Concealer, foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip pencil, and lip gloss.

2. Daily Moisture Lotion - I put it all over my body and twice daily moisturize my face and neck. (I have done this religiously since I was 25 yrs old)

3. Love the out-of-doors: I get out of the house as soon as the snow melts and the weather reaches 65 degrees. I do a lot of gardening and hiking in the Spring and Summer months.

4.  Clothes that feel good and still keep me looking young: Having my daughters go with me to clothes shop  helps me keeps my perspective about my age plus they lead me to "cute" clothing instead of "daudy" old women's wear.


I really like Oprah's openness to aging and she has a plethora of articles on this subject. 
Here is a good one to read click here
*Six Steps to Accepting Aging*

I am not young anymore AND will never be.
This is my new reality
and 
I am going to embrace it!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive