Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Monday, March 5, 2018

I can spot a lefty

I Really Can! 

People that know me, are always rolling their eyes when I spot a lefty. I see them naturally because left handed people are special and there aren't many of us "out there" in this right handed world.
      I see them "out there" for example-
  • As a sever at a restaurant
  • In a movie as the main character or an "extra"
  • Playing a sport of any kind
  • On their cell phones(ear placement matters)
  • Drinking from a coffee cup (most of the time the words or image on the cup are turned facing the drinker).
  • Cutting with scissors-obvious
  • How they part their hair (most wear their hair part on the right side) I had a right handed mom that taught me to part my hair on the left side
  • Using their computer mouse (most left handers adapt to using their right made to move the mouse)
 I know this reads and sounds trivial but...for me, it helps me identify with my fellow community.

 Left handers seen to enjoy commiserating with each other on the quandary of living in a right handed world. When I pose the question of their left handiness, they are generally are interested in talking and engaging in conversation.  lefties make up about 10 % of the world population. Most females don't know that they are even more a minority then left handed males. with one study indicating that there are 11.6% left handedness and 8.6% females.

Enough said; if you want to learn more just Google search left handedness.






No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive