Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Monday, June 23, 2008

South Paw Sewing


I found this cute book. I really liked the illustrations!


Let me say that growing up in a family that is predominately "right handers" has created some challenges for me. My mother was an excellent seamstress and wanted to pass along her love of sewing to her daughters. I remember when I was in Junior High school I took a basic sewing class, I made a pair of shorts with an elastic waist band.
My mother at the time thought that I could tackle a much larger project so, we bought a dress pattern and fabric which included putting in an invisible zipper! This project deteriorated my relationship with right handed mom. I remember being very impatient and hating sewing. 
My mom was frustrated with my unwillingness to learn and so the sewing thing came to a halt.
 Now Zoom ahead 37 years to present day where the "lefty" now loves to sew and has even taught a few right handers to "push the pedal."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive