Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mystery Package



I received an interesting and very mysterious package this week. 

Even the mail carrier was intrigued by the mailing label from...
  Panevezys, Lithuanaia!
I looked at him with intimidation as I signed the certified mail slip, wondering
 who I knew in this country, I was not sure where it was located on a map?

I needed a witness to my demise as I opened the box.(in case there was a bomb or something disastrous enclosed). My husband fit the part.

I opened the box carefully and looked inside...
What was this???
Drugs?
Dead person bones?
Sugar Cane?
It was labeled with Latin words....
I looked on the packing list to get more clues..

Oh!
Yeah!
My Peony Roots!
I had ordered these roots in June..

I had no idea that I had ordered peony roots from Lithuania!
I now have an exclusive peony garden.

I must plant them now! :)


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive