Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Friday, May 29, 2009

Ahh..the summer garden

(Before)

Here it is, the last day of May and I just finished planting my vegetable garden.
For some reason I could not find zucchini plants at 
any of the nurseries in the valley.
Yesterday I was buying some annuals and found the prolific zucchini.
 
I pulled bok choy and salad mix with some arugula.
It is a process to clean these veggies.
I have a 3-step cleaning program..
 the first step: 
rinse off dirt from root base. 
Then clean and rinse two more times

Here is the first batch of salad greens.


Much more to come!  (After)

I think I will visit the local Farmers Market on Saturday
.

2 comments:

Katlin Allen said...

I loved my lettece! I ate tonight with Beets... mmm, so good.

Cassidy said...

Wow... Your garden looks BEA-tiful! :)

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive