Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Girl on Paper

I think I was about 5 yrs old when I started my play time
with paper dolls.
Back then, I received a church magazine called the "The New Friend",
inside the magazine, was a page of girl with clothes to cut out.

I would color the clothes and try with my left hand to cut
them out with right handed scissors.....
I had a nice assortment of paper dolls to
dress and play with.

Through the years, with four
daughters I have managed to
to keep the paper doll passion alive.

I was gifted a box full of paper dolls books
by someone who knew my love for them.
Take a Look...
Its not an obsession, just fun to look at the variety of costumes, characters.

The New Version of Paper Dolls
Project Runway Dolls
I got these for Dallas
(ok, you are thinking she is to old for this kind of play.
but... you are never to old for dolls)
Guess I better get back to playing....


1 comment:

Joanna said...

That is so cool that you still have your collection! It was tradition for me to get a new paper doll every time we went on vay-cay, so I used to have quite the assortment. I think they got thrown away when I got married, though. :(

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive