Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Left Hand Drama

your southpaw must DO an INORDINATE amount of work.
(try tying words like exaggerate, stewardesses and abracadabra)

By comparison, the right hand can type a mere 300 words on its own.
Early typists worked so fast that they often jammed their machines .
To slow them down, in the 1870's popular letters
like A, E, T,I, and N were separated on the keyboard.
Though improved technology negated the need for the
inefficient layout, the QWERTY keyboard stuck.
The solution for solving the imbalance? Type with your toes.

Thought You Might Want to Know This Information!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive