Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Saturday, August 20, 2011

At work..

I am approaching my second year working for
DeVry University/SLC/Sandy, Utah Campus.

My position there is OSC (Operations Support Coordinator)

We are one of 98 campus' across the nation.
DeVry Inc. owns:






We are a culturally diverse campus.
We are a United Nation.

I am amazed that small Utah would have so
many students filtering into it to attend school.

I work with 17 co-hearts; advisors, campus dean, career service,
academic, financial, marketing, presenters
(not to mention the many professors.)
and of course the students!

I still commute 33 miles each way.
I work a 4-10 schedule
Monday-Thursday 9 am -8 pm

So my days are really long....
My life until Thursday evening is all about work.

This year....(get ready...I am going to do a little bragging...)

I was a recipient of FY11 Devry's
Ron Taylor Award
For:
Excellence Performance.

The Ron Taylor Award Recognition Program rewards individuals
who have gone up above and beyond their normal job functions
while exemplifing the DeVry TEACH values.

Not bad for a lefty-fifty something woman!!
...yes, I did receive a financial reward.






1 comment:

Vicki said...

Wow Mel, that is pretty dang cool! I remember reading when you first got this job. You have come a long way baby. Great job!

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive