Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Friday, August 12, 2011

On the trail again

Summer for me is about being outside and enjoying Mother Earth.
She has shown to me her love for Utah by the
incredible mountains, rivers, streams she created her.


The "swede" and I took a long weekend and drove
the loneliness highway in America 55 to
Great Basin National Park
on the border of Utah and Nevada.

We set up camp..
(we're minimalist)

Hiked to Lake Teresa and Lake.....

Viewed the night sky at an astronomy program.
We viewed Saturn, the southern triangle
and over a million cluster of stars.

Took the guided tour thru Lehman Caves.
( highly recommend this event while visiting the park.

Forded streams, creeks and rivers...

Meditated and gave thanks for the
endless beauty we encountered.
Witnessed and touched one of the oldest living tree's in the world...
(Bristle cone pine)
Check the date of this tree's birth



Hiked to Wheeler Peak/Baker Peak
(we hiked a total of 10 miles)

If you want to learn more about GBNP click here

The car is packed and we are off to
Diamond Fork Canyon to hike and camp at Mt Nebo!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive