Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Monday, April 8, 2013

Yellow-Lemon


lem·on n
1. a yellow or, in some climates, green oval citrus fruit with a thick fragrant rind and sour juicy flesh
2.  the tree with glossy almond-shaped leaves and spiky branches that bears lemons. Latin name: Citrus limon
3. a pale yellow color typical of the rind of a ripe lemon.
Also called lemon yellow


This is my favorite treat to get a Starbucks, but paying $2.25 a slice,
 seems a bit pricey and so I thought I would google
 a "knock off recipe to satisfy my lemon tooth craving.

The real Starbucks lemon pound cake


STARBUCKS LEMON (knock off) CAKE
1 box  lemon yellow cake mix
1/2 cup olive (vegetable) oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
8 ounces sour cream
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Icing
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
~
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 2 loaf pans generously with cooking spray.
2. Place all cake ingredients in no particular order into stand or electric mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Divide cake batter between two prepared loaf pans spreading evenly. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing loaves from pans.
3. To prepare icing, place powdered sugar into a large bowl. Drizzle in lemon juice stirring until smooth and thick. Should be a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cakes and let set for 20 minutes for a firm icing. Otherwise slice while still wet if desired.
Makes about 24 slices



Here is my cake.
 It is so yummy, my family loved this so 
much, I think I will make it again!

Happy Spring!











2 comments:

Alissa said...

Oh my that looks delicious!

Katlin Allen said...

That was a good cake!

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive