Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Saturday, May 17, 2008

Changing The World-One small step at a time…..

Two years ago I moved out of the "bubble" of Orange County, (the OC) California to a city (Provo, Utah) that seemed to have some poverty challenges. I soon became aware that I could do my part to make a difference. Maybe it was just my time in life to really look around at the world and be a part of it.
Here's how I got started:
1. think of your talents and experiences that make you, who you are.
2. Start small...do the research of possible charities, clubs, organizations, community and world-wide projects that interest you, the internet is awesome for locating ideas.
3. Decide who, what where will benefit from your talents.
4. Make a call or visit the organization to get more details of how you can contribute.
5. Set aside time each week or month to be actively involved.
6. Reap the satisfaction of seeing a project from start to finish and you will be amazed at how great you feel and how those that you have helped will be touched by your efforts. 
                                          Above is what I have been involved with:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive