Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Thursday, September 10, 2009

Americana!


I have been learning to quilt for the past 15 months. I have really enjoyed my quilting "block of the month" classes at American Quilting in Orem Utah.

This quilt is a sampler, it took me 10 months and 10 hours
to make and sew together.
It now, is waiting to go to the machine quilter...

I am not the biggest fan of american fabric or design but I must say; I really like how this quilt looks and looking forward to giving it to someone...?

5 comments:

Joanna said...

This quilt is really cute! Good job! :)

Daisymay said...

UM, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Only 10 hours? Looking at that I would think it would take way more hours than that. Anyway, it looks absolutely made by a professional. Of course though, you are miss perfect these days. Plant a garden, weed it, can everything, make quilts, yada yada yada. Ok miss melanie you're showing me up big time.

Michelle

Jeana said...

This looks great! Congratulations on gettin' her done!

Carolina Trumbo said...

...give it to me!!

Daisymay said...

Have you given away your quilt yet? You really should keep it. Maybe a granddaughter will want it, but if you are still willing to give it away, "I'LL TAKE IT" :O

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive