Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Monday, March 8, 2010

Pan Tostado Francés

Français Toast, Français Toast, Franska Toast, Ffrangeg Toast, Französisch Toast
________________________________________________________________
You will have to try this delicious recipe if you love
French Toast
This is what you need:
1 loaf of chunky cinnamon bread cut in 8 slices
8 eggs
3 c. milk
1 T. brown sugar
1/3 tsp. salt
1 T. vanilla
2 T. butter cut in 8 chunks
Butter a 9x13 glass baking dish generously. Place bread flat in dish. Mix all the remain ingredients except the butter and pour over the bread. place your 8 chunks of butter on each slice. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hrs. Bake for 50 mins. at 350.
~
~
Caramel Syrup
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. heavy cream or whipping cream
1 c. light Karo syrup
Blend together and heat on stove top until sugar dissolves and the
mixture is smooth. Serve warm.
My family and friends have made this..
it's their favorite breakfast indulgence!
ENJOY!
Bon Appetit!

















4 comments:

Joanna said...

My mouth is totally watering over this! I'm going to have to try it once I get off my diet. Thanks for sharing :)

Katlin Allen said...

I ate that piece for dinner the other night, it was so good.

Beth Lynn Dishman said...

Melanie,
This recipe sounds decadently soooo good. Thanks for sharing. Always looking for some new recipes. Thank you my friend!

Jeana Rock said...

Yummy to my tummy!

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive