Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fifites Fhrases

If you were born or grew up in the Fifties you would like this book.

The author Lesley Kagen is very true to the time period.
She must have grown up in my same neighborhood, because her
characters were people I knew and lived by.

I didn't grow up in the fifties actually, I was a kid in the 60's and 70's but,
the sayings and the stories all fit into that time era.

After I read the book I sat for an hour and pulled out the sayings
that I remembered, sayings that brought a smile to my face.

There were so many that I wondered if she
had a group of fifty something year olds giving their input.

Here are some of the phrases I said or heard growing up:

"..last one there's a rotten egg"
"hunky-dory"
"Henry and Sally sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!"
..it's none of your beeswax"
"See the USA in your Chevrolet"
..ready or not here I come...
eenie meanie minnie moe, catch a _____ by a toe
"lair lair pants on fire"

...next up... games of the sixities

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive