Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Table Top Tree

The inspiration for my table top tree came
from a recent Martha Stewart segment.

This Birch tree was made by one of
Martha's craft directors; Hannah Milman
I love how she used the Martha Stewart "Woodland" line of ornaments.
She had availability to fresh moss..
(living in Utah, I don't have that available
to me in the nurseries this time of year.)
~~~~~~~~~

This is how is how mine turned out.
A few months ago the swede and I
found a downed Aspen,
we used a log from our cuttings and I gathered
blue spruce limb and red berries from my dad's yard.
We drilled holes in the trunk and anchored it to a base.
I found the tin planter at a thrift store for $2.00
The bulbs around the base are narcissus(paper whites).

~~~~~~~

The picture below is a star I made out of
milled wood sticks glued together.
I hot glued juniper limbs on it to give it a more earthy look.
Tis the Season!



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive