Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just When You Think....

I bought my Utah home in 2006.  It is a home that was built in 1994 or there about. It's a  "Park City" style home, (that is what the local neighbors say). It is a sided home with quaint Victorian style ginger bready features.

To get on with this story....my husband and I are "do-it-yourselfers"
 we love a project.  We wanted to do a few changes in the 
home and one of the first was re-modeling the staircase.  When you enter my home the first thing you see is the staircase.  This one originally had carpet on the steps 
and was built with an all oak wood banisters.

My husband is a very talented builder(it's just a hobby) he had already built from scratch our staircase in California. (it took him 8 weeks!) so he felt very comfortable with this small scale change and so he began...he laid solid oak
 steps and kick boards. 








                      We lived like this for 21 mos. (my 
husband has a very busy job) but at last after a bit of coaxing to get it done..Voila! Our new improved staircase!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive