Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Sunday, February 20, 2011

It started with...

..this picture, from an etsy clothing store...
the price tag for this dress was $188.00
~

Fourth daughter, Dallas had been asked to go the the
High School Valentines dance.
Her first real date after turning 16.
____

I decided that this was a dress that I could
make for Dallas and off we went to the fabric store and to forever 21
(that's where we bought the $7.00 top)
The total amount spent on 10 yds. of tulle and notions= $50.00

Dallas has "allowed" me to blog about this.
I couldn't upload any more pictures that were taken that night.
(her date was a fine young man named John).


These are the picture's she selected I use on this blog post.

She is so darling and loved the dress!
..on to the next couture fashion statement!



4 comments:

Joanna said...

Way to go, making it for 1/3 of the price! That's so awesome, and she looks so good in it! :)

Vicki said...

Wow Mel. She is absolutely beautiful, (which I keep telling you), and that is absolutely adorably CHIC in classic Mellie style!

brittany said...

super cute Melanie! can you make me one =) p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Terry Family said...

You are such a good mom and so creative:) Dallas is such a pretty girl!

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive