Lefty & Fifty-six

May 2019



Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Zucchini Season

It is time to harvest that green long neck squash...zucchini.  I like to pick while the squash is still young small and tender NOT the mammoth size I see people pick.

Today I made a delicious Zucchini Bisque
Here is the recipe:

4c. chicken stock
1 med. white onion (I picked mine from the garden.) Chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 c. butter
4 small-med zucchini's chopped
3 med potato's peeled and diced
1/3 c. chopped herbs, I added these from my garden: parsley, chives, oregano. 
(add ones that you like.)
2/3 c. half & half

Simmer butter and onions, garlic until translucent.
Add chicken broth 
Simmer for 5 mins.
Add chopped zucchini potato's and herbs

Cook on med heat for 20 mins. cover pan.

Cool for two hours

Pour into blender(you might have to add 1/2 of mixture at a time.)

Pour into pan add half & half
Stir and simmer for 10 mins.

Enjoy..Yum


2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks so good. Zucchini is one of my favorite things about having a garden in the summer. That tomato side dish looks yummy... I want the recipe for that! Is it a Cabrisi salad? I can't tell what the white stuff is in the middle.

yasmine said...

hello! thanks for stopping by my blog! i'm glad you did because i now <3 yours :)

i'm not left handed though, but i usually paint with my left hand and do everything else with my right.

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
I am a Lefty. I was born in the Fifties. I am a multi-faceted non-reproductive woman. Mother of four daughters. Married to the "swede" Three handsome/beautiful grandchildren! Love: Family, Christianity, Friends, Home, Garden, Cooking, Pets, Pop up Books, Humanitarian Service,the Great Outdoors,Life and a whole lot more. Yikes I turned Fifty-four this year..... 1958-2012.. Do the math!

Blog Archive